Friday, May 18, 2012

COLOR ME RAD experience...

So much to share about this last month, filled with so much fun, so much learning and so many new friendships...
but of course, I should probably start by sharing about my experience of COLOR ME RAD!!!

We woke up super early that Saturday and drank a delicious healthy smoothie... 

My little Drake was so excited to be doing this 5K with me and of course I was such a proud mommy of him to join me in this colorful event...
We finally got there after a 30 minute drive and 20 minutes of waiting in traffic to get off the EXIT, yes ridiculous...I KNOW!!! Now just in case your not that familiar with my lovely state of Utah, we are pretty much known for the ORANGE CONE state. They need to slow down and not work on everything at once. JUST MY THOUGHT ON THAT...

I got to meet one amazing Lady that inspires me so much. The winner of the free entry I gave away for COLOR ME RAD on my Blog. The beautiful Katie Terry Corbridge, get to know her a little better at her blog. I promise you will be inspired as well. 
I also got to meet some awesome BLOGGERS like Lori(my other 5K walking partner), Stacy, Cobi, Kaysi, Nicole and Aly along with many more outstanding ladies.
Now I'm not going to lye, I was so excited to run the whole way but instead me and D. went on a high pace speed walk. It made me feel like I cheated at the end..LOL!!! Oh well, next race I will def. run my big booty off. 

Then we finally made it to the end of the finish line and their was My Honey Baby, Little Annita and my sweet Little Brother waiting for us with a big Cheerful Green Sign!!!
OK- Let's pause for a minute we were given a pair of shades and as I was 5 feet away from the finish line, I decide I needed some sunshine in my eyes... So i take my glasses off and one of the very much colorful COLOR BOMB SQUAD people throws a handful of powder on my face and honestly I couldn't see at all, thank goodness it was only cornstarch but it took about a whole hour to get it all completely out... other then that I had a great magnificent time. Plus I have bright colorful running shoes!!! I was so excited to be part of the first COLOR ME RAD!!!

I was so happy to share that experience with my little Drake and get to meet some amazing Bloggers!!!

to end that perfect day, my honey planned a very romantic date at one of our fave restaurants Christopher's Steak House and Grill.
If you haven't been there before I recommend you try it. Amazing Service and the food is so delicious.