Sunday, November 24, 2013

SELENA AND ANNITA ON INSTAGRAM...


A few months back when they had announced that Selena was going to be coming to Salt Lake City to the Energy Solutions Arena for her Stars Dance Tour... Me and my husband knew that we needed to get a pair of tickets to Selenas Concert for little Miss Annita and of course Mommy to celebrate our November Birthdays. Selena's 1st Concert we went to in 2011, was amazing and we loved every single part of it, even standing outside a few hours before the concert and 2 hours after the concert was done in hopes that she would come and meet her fans.... even though that didn't happen then, we still had fun and met so many great new friends that we have stayed in touch with until now.

So the story behind this picture was one that I want to keep forever for her to remember. It had been such a long time that Annita has hoped to meet Selena, and as I always tell my kids "Never Stop Dreaming, because you never know when your Dreams will come true". That's just what happened that night of her concert.

But before I continue... About a week before the concert Annita started getting things ready, like her Official Fan Club Laminate and her big Poster that she had exactly planned of how she wanted it to look and what she wanted it to say. The cutest part, she had been practicing what she would tell Selena if she met her.

The day of the concert, was perfect to say the least. The music was amazing, from her heart felt messages she gave before some of her songs, filled with inspiration of loving who you are having your own voice.Which honestly is a great example to younger girls now days. To the dance Choreography to each song that were beautifully performed, to her fun and still classy outfits.

Then came one of the songs that most of her fans know that she wrote when she was going through heartbreak "Love Will Remember" and Annita got a little bit emotional to say the least, she didn't want anyone to see her. But until the end of the concert we sang and danced to an amazing well put together concert.

Now back to the story of the picture, when the concert ended we ran outside as quick as we possibly could to the barricaded area that a group of teens from St. George had told us she would be coming out from an hour after the concert. We were in the second line of people and this sweet lady offered to let Annita go in front of her, Annita looked at me and said "How about you Mom" and I said "I'll be right behind her". For an hour we waited, waited and waited while holding her little hand between me and this lady. She had her big poster in front of her and while holding to her sharpie waiting anxiously for when Selena would come out and I kept reminding her to tell Selena what you wanted to tell her.

Then she came out and the crowd started to scream and push, her security had to remind the crazy crowd that if Selena saw that her little fans could get in any danger she would go back inside, as a parent I was so happy to know that. Then she came up to Annita, said hi and smiled and signed her poster and her laminate... Annita was seriously in shock, until that sweet lady said "Selena, this little girl wants to tell you something" and Selena goes to Annita and says "What is it Sweetie?" the crowd seriously stayed in silence and Annita with her soft spoken, sweet voice says "I Love You", that's when that picture was taken. Then Selena smiled at her and says "oooh, thank you sweetie...can I take a picture with you." and while all of this is going on of course I'm all emotional behind this lady, because my little Annita was able to have another one of her dreams come true.

So of course, my luck my phone had died by then. So I didn't take a single picture of her experience. So when Selena posted this picture on her Instagram, I was so thankful and you could imagine Annita jumping on the couch... She did say I can't see her face though...lol!!! Still Thankful.