Saturday, April 28, 2012

today is the day for Color Me Rad...

The day has come for the big event...
My 1st Color Me Rad 5K experience
I am so excited and so nervous at the same time,
I kept waking up through out the night, thinking:
am I going to be able to finish it??
am I strong enough to at least run half of the time??
I've been in training for the last 3 weeks,
well at least what I consider training, and you know what I have felt mighty good trying to prepare myself... 
of course I should had started sooner but I did what I could.
But the point of this race is about having fun and letting yourself be free and not about who really makes it to 1st place.
But instead of putting some color in your life!!!
Last night, me and my little guy Drake (who is racing with me)
We went to pick up our Color Me Rad Packets, that included a super Rad T-shirt, a pair of shades (options: pink, green or blue) of course i picked pink, AND ONE COLOR PACK FOR THE FINALE!
The Color Me Rad staff were so amazingly helpful and so nice
and with some Bob Marley music playing in the background it made me and drake want to stay and work with them, but of course we had to go home and cook some dinner. But, seriously me and drake we were talking the whole time driving home how awesome it would be to work with such a fun staff and for such a fun event. 

So if you want to join the fun, make sure to sign up for a location near you. Just be prepared to look like a pack of skittles at the end of the race!!