Monday, November 19, 2012

10 YEARS LATER... PART 1

I am officially 28 years old...
It's so incredible how in a blink of a second time can go by so fast.
how 10 years can really change you, the way you see life, the way you want to live your life 
and most importantly what's really important to you...
It feels like just yesterday I was living at home with my parents and my sisters and younger brother 
and I was celebrating my 18th birthday.

I remember thinking how I had waited so long for that day to come until I was considered an adult...
until I was finally able to make my own decisions without my parents telling me what to do...
until I didn't have to worry about having a curfew anymore...
little did I know that things weren't going to be as I had always imagine them to be from then on...

It was my Senior year in High School and this was the year that I wasn't going to let any drama get in my way, 
I finally knew who my true friends were, what I wanted to do when I graduated High School. 
I was also dating an amazing guy that even though he hadn't figured out what he wanted in life... 
I was sure of one thing that he was meant to be in my life. I was sure that I had everything figured out...

Just a few weeks before my birthday, I was talking to one my best friends and I asked her to go with me to get 
checked at some local clinic, because I was late on period. I remember been so scared of walking up those stairs to that clinic. 

Where they going to call my parents? because I was minor. 
Was anyone that I knew going to be there? where they going to tell others that they saw me there. 
So many things were going through my mind...

The answer was yes, I was "PREGNANT" almost 2 months pregnant... 

they gave me options, so many of them... to many for me to handle by myself. Not once did they say "Do you want us to call your parents?". I was so glad to have my best friend there to make me feel that it was going to be OK. I don't think I ever thanked her for that... but it meant the world to have her there.

I got home that day and I went straight to my room and cried, cried and cried.
I didn't want to talk to anyone, not one single person. I couldn't face anyone, not now...
Not my parents, my boyfriend, my younger siblings or my older sister.
I wasn't sure of anything anymore, but one thing I was sure of was that I was going to 
have this little angel...

Teen Pregnancy Facts and Statistics Infographic 575x2410% infographic