Thursday, July 12, 2012

wHAT KIND OF PARENT DO YOU WANT TO BE...

I love summer time and getting to spend time with my babies...
ok. they aren't literally babies anymore but a mommy can dream.

i feel like they are growing to fast...
i remember with my little drake, being so over protective of every little thing he did and sometimes not even letting him try new things because I was so scared of him getting hurt.

with sassy annita, well let's just say that the over protective side of me had to learn to let go and become more of a CHILL parent rather then been the CONTROL FREAK that I was all the time... not going to lye I still act like a CONTROL FREAK at times.

*definition of CHILL:  great, awesome; "cool". 
*definition of CONTROL FREAK:  One who has an obsessive need to exert control over people and situations.

Just thought I should share that with you all...lol!!!

I have always believe that a parent should be their kids best friend,
with that been said: there should always be a balance in the relationship that you have with your kids.
Many people this days think that being your kids best friends, means to let them do whatever the heck they want to do, use whatever language they want, listen to whatever music they want and so on. But NOPE... that's completely wrong. 

By being your kids best friends:
it just means that you should listen to them,  love them, respect them, accept them for who they are, give them the best advice ever, believe in them and inspire them to be the best that they can be in life... but teach them to always trust in you and no matter what it is... they should know in their hearts that you should be the first person that they come too. 

I believe that a wise parent knows when to be the parent that their kids need them to be and I am too still learning and will forever be a learning experience for me. I am so lucky to have two crazy monkeys that I love and adore and that teach me everyday the kind of parent I should be and that I want to be for them.